• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hellooooooo!

Michelle Jones

Hi there. I am brand new to the forum and would love to introduce myself! With that I take a bow! GRIN
I am Michelle, wife to my husband! LOL and mother to two wonderful boys (sometimes) I have always had photography in my life. My grandfather was a photographer and my Dad was a very good amature. I started out in B&W developing my own! Stinky and smelly! I put it down to raise my two boys. Now the eldest has just moved out I have time to pick it back up again. I made myself a promise on New Years to greatly improve my work this year. I would love to become good enough to sell some of my stuff. (pay for my hobby!) I am a american living in Germany. Been here two and a half years so far. I love being able to travel Europe.

My gear currently consits of a Canon EOS Digital Rebel 300, a 28-70mm lens and a 70-300 mm lens. I am also saving to pick up a Tokina 12-24mm wide angle lens. I also have a set of close up lenes.
Photography is my passion and my life right now. I am out almost every weekend trying to find things to photograph. Driving my husband nuts! Could not get out last weekend to photograph anything so walked out the door and took photos of my dogs bone! hehehe Oh well...when you have the bug.........
Michelle

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Michelle,

We have American OPF members in around France, Japan and other far flung places in the globe. They help to give a special perspectivie. I hope you still have your old negatives as they will be interesting to scan and share.

Re the Tokina. I don't know how good it is, but look at the wide angle work of Nicolas Claris with the Sigma. I've seen the pictures blown up to five ft high!

Asher

Michelle Jones

Thank you Asher....
I do still have my negatives and such but......they are in storage in the US. Will get back to them ONE day!

And I have done some research on the Tokina lens and it is half the price of other lenses but everyone I have spoke to says it is just as good as some of the higher priced ones. I will take a look at some of his work....later. I am off to bed!
Ciao!
Michelle

Angela Weil

Welcome....

Hi, Michelle!
You would not happen to live in the South-West of Germany, by any chance?
I discovered images of the gardens in Schwetzingen, of Mannheim and of Heidelberg on your Web-Site.
I live in Heidelberg.
Welcome.
Greetings
Angela

Michelle Jones

Hey how cool! I am in Heidelberg as well....or rather one of the little villages that are around there. :) Wacky weather we have been having, huh?
I checked out your website....nice work. :) But sure wish I could read german! hahaha