• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mac OSX print CD

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Since I use my 4800 for all my printing the only function I am interested in on my 2100 is the ability to print cd's. Having never done it I am finding it impossible & there seems to be no drivers anywhere on the net.
Typical for Macs to be so poorly supported. Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Bestwick

pro member
thanks all.....unfortunately these drivers do not enable direct cd printing using Mac OSX. Surely there is a way ......

Paul

Marian Howell

what software are you using to print the cds? and do i understand correctly that you have downloaded these drivers and your software doesn't recogize the printer?

Paul Bestwick

pro member
marian I use photoshop for printing but I am getting nowhere trying to gat an image to print on the cd. The epson print to cd (driver) just does not seem to be an option for the mac

Paul

Paul Bestwick

pro member
thanks Marian,

I have got it going now. Epson software is not compatible with OSX........typical for us MAc users.
I eventually got it going directly through Photoshop.

Cheers,

Paul

Marian Howell

could you share how you did it with photoshop? did you have to custom your label dimensions?? i'm very curious and have never tried that method...
thanks.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
make the image 13 cm square. Select print with preview. When selecting paper size choose A4. Place image in top left corner of the A4. Select automatic as option.
See how you go.....any problems jsut let me know.

Cheers,

Paul

Marian Howell

thanks for the info! i was curious in case i was ever in need of using photoshop for this...i confess to being totally lazy and using the templates for the printer in the discus program, so i don't have to worry about printing across the open hole :))))))) but it's always good to know another way.
i'm glad you resolved your issue. i don't think i ever explored the epson software that came with the printer since i already had the template with the free version of discus LOL!