• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

No flowers yet.

Ron Morse

Yesterday the snow was almost gone. This mornig I awoke to 12 to 14 inches of fresh snow and it is still snowing. They say up to 20 inches plus snow for the next 2 days. This is depressing. I want leaves on the trees and green grass so bad.

This wasn't ment to be anything special I just wanted to record the day. All I am doing is showing a nice spring day here in Maine. I suppose I should have gone outside and tried for a nice shot.

I used a lense for this that I have only used 4 or 5 times because it stinks. The EF-S 18-55 Kit lense. I bought the lense when I bought the camera and soon found out why it isn't popular. I was looking at it last night and had stuck it on the camera so that is what I used.

_MG_6019.jpg

_MG_6021.jpg

I have to go shovel out the bird feeders now so my dogs entertainment will have something to eat.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

There's nothing wrong with the lens! The pictures show that!

Could you turn the camera to portait and take these pictures rotating the camera slightly so we can get a view wide than you have. These would then be posted for stitching? I like the scene and here in Los Angeles, we have no snow, not even one flake!

I love what you have posted. No flowers are needed.

The top picture is well anchored and then hhas a curved path. The latter is always a powerfull compositon element of great interest since it allows us to imagine.

Now a question about your bird feeder and the dog!

You wrote" I have to go shovel out the bird feeders now so my dogs entertainment will have something to eat" and that concenrs me as perhaps being mean to the incoming birds! They come in and get eaten by the dog, LOL!

Asher

Last edited:

Ron Morse

Ron,

There's nothing wrong with the lens! The pictures show that!

Could you turn the camera to portait and take these pictures rotating the camera slightly so we can get a view wide than you have. These would then be posted for stitching? I like the scene and here in Los Angeles, we have no snow, not even one flake!

I love what you have posted. No flowers are needed.

The top picture is well anchored and then hhas a curved path. The latter is always a powerfull compositon element of great interest since it allows us to imagine.

Now a question about your bird feeder and the dog!

You wrote" I have to go shovel out the bird feeders now so my dogs entertainment will have something to eat" and that concenrs me as perhaps being mean to the incoming birds! They come in and get eaten by the dog, LOL!

Asher

Asher,
The problem with the lense is it seldom hits focus. Then again I haven't used it since I had the camera repaired and even the L glass wasn't getting good focus before canon went over the camera. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

I will gladly go take a few shots. I dont think that I can get far enough back to get the trees top to bottom in the frame portrait or not.

The dog watches the birds out the window. Birds are safe but he hates the squirrels.

Ron Morse

OK Asher, I took some more portrait and tipped a little as you said ---- I think.

What size and resolution do you want them. And if they aren't what you had in mind my feelings aren't hurt a bit.

It has stopped snowing and I would say we got about 22 inches.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

Splendid! You are such a good sport! I do hope the birds now are at the feeder and the dog is well entertained!

RAW if you can! Send them via http://www.yousendit.com for free to editor.opfATmac.com

I'll play with it myself then may post them!

Thanks so much!

Asher

Ron Morse

I sent them. It had almost stopped snowing when I took the last ones so the air isn't full of snow like the ones that I posted loseing some of the snowstorm atmosphere.

Do you still have your G-MAIL? I think it is quicker.