• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Introducing myself

Ian Farrell

Hello all.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian and, by day, I'm editor of Professional Photographer, a photographic magazine in the UK. By night (and weekends) I'm out and about with a camera (at the moment either a Contax G2, Nikon FM3a or Ricoh GR Digital) photographing all manner of odd stuff on the street. I keep a blog (which I don't pay enough attention) at www.ianfarrell.org/blog and, it seems, I'm fond of parentheses (brackets).

Look forward to meeting you all in the forum.

Ian.

Ray West

Hi Ian,

Welcome - looks like you're charging a quid for your sig. cf the amazon book price ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well Ian,

We are so happy to see you here. It's a speical privilege. I do like the series of pictures you have taken on graffiti and people in England. I especially like Energizing Britain . You have to go back to November 2006! The url does not immediately go there.

I would have linked the image I like so much but couldn't figure out how! Anyway, guys, look at this as an example of a use of HDR with a subject of extraordinary dynamic range potential.

Ian we're glad to have you in our community. This is a special place to foster the actual image rather than gear, although we cover that too. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures here.

You have made my day!

Asher

[Hi Ian](,)

<grins> so glad to see you here! Thanks for joining this forum with a difference. I am somewhat confident that you will attract more interesting people over time once you made yourself a home here.

As for your upcoming book:
Digital Photography Beyond the Camera: Expert Photoshop and Digital Know-how for Top-quality Images and Prints, Publisher: David & Charles (29 Jun 2007) ISBN-10: 0715325590
ISBN-13: 978-0715325599

I am curious about the other photographers that participated to a degree in the making.

How would you describe it yourself? From the synopsis it reads like a "cook book", this is not meant in a negative way, just for lack of better words to describe the possible content.

Again, glad you made it here!