• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

20D C.Fn-09 Bracket Sequence/Auto Cancel

Theo Wallis

Dare I post this as I'm afraid it might be something to do with user error here, something I don't know about my camera...

If I set C.Fn-09 to 1: which is to disable the auto cancel of the AEB sequence, I find sometimes when I switch programme modes or change a setting the AEB suddenly reverts back to the standard one shot exposure. I have just started to use this C.Fn in the last few days so I don't have to set the AEB everytime I turn the camera on.

The camera could be behaving quite normally but I don't know why it's doing this. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance

Hi, Theo:

C.Fn 9-1 is pretty bulletproof in terms of retaining an AEB setting once you've registered it, but one thing that will temporarily disable it is setting the exposure mode to Full Auto (green zone) or any of the PIC (Programmed Image Contro) modes such as Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Action, etc. You must select a Creative Zone exposure mode such as P, Tv, Av, M or A-DEP in order for the Custom Function to be effective. This is spelled out in the 20D instruction book on page 148.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Chuck Westfall
Director/Media & Customer Relationship
Camera Marketing Group/Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Theo Wallis

Ahh it's all clear now. I tried switching from Av mode to Auto mode and back to Av mode but it still retained the AEB setting. I now see you actually have to depress the shutter button half way or fully take a shot in Auto mode for the AEB to cancel.

Thanks very much!