• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from gray Ohio

David Swain

Just found this forum. Think I'll hang around and try and learn something new.
I'm a camera/photo fanatic. When I'm not repairing old ones, I'm shooting them.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi David,

Welcome to this special community. We really like people to post their older pictures as it lets us celebrate and re-explore film photography. There's such a lot to value and enjoy.

However, whatever your digital camera is, we're with you. Just from your repairing comment, it might be that you have boxes of prints!

Asher

David Swain

I convert old box and folder cameras to 120. Repair RF cameras, mainly Yashica, Canonet, and Konica.
Some folks may know me as Greyhoundman from other forums.
Most of my prints are from old cameras, but not old in years. :)

David Swain

Here are two from Kodak box cameras.
Brownie2A6X11cm.jpg

Brownie2A6cmround.jpg

Ray West

Hi David,

These two prints - I can't tell if you took them yesterday, or fifty years ago. Have you some more information you can give?

Best wishes,

Ray

David Swain

The camera was a Kodak 2 box that had been converted from 116 to 120 film. I added the round mask and reworked the shutter for 1/50 second.
Film was Fomapan 100, fstop16, souped in D76-1:1.

I've done more of the cameras with 6X11cm and oval masks.