• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Stones for traversing water, this is my contribution!

Stepping Stones

I remember stepping stones over streams as a child. They presented a challenge to walk upon, and recalled decades later, provide a sort of metaphor for the passage from one thing/state to another.

79138523.jpg

The above was taken about a week ago in a state park below a catchment dam. It's simple, and I like it, in spite of the "stones" being man made and industrial strength. I hope others do as well. I'd very much like to see photos by anyone else who shares my fondness of stepping stones as a subject of photography.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Tom,

I like what you are photographing and the idea you have shared for steps in water. Very good idea and you first picture starts us off well!

As a fan of yours, may I suggest that the shading is not optimized IMHO. This even might be considered as a B&W image.

What do you think?

Asher

Hi Asher,

Hmmm, I think you may have something there. I tend to overlook the b&w option, so this will be a good chance to experiment.

Thanks!

Tom