• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stairs as a Photographic Subject: The Stairs of the Orange Show!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Orange Show is one of the "Less-Heralded" iconic gems of 20th Century community art in the United States. This project has been rescued from oblivion by generous folk in Houston Texas from the opposite side of the tracks, who see value in preserving the history and creativity of the mostly black and economically challenged inner city folk who have lived under deprived conditions.

I had the pleasure of visiting and inside was fascinated with a minor staircase, now hardly used as the place is awaiting renovation by the organization.

I felt that the little staircase must have been a happy thoroughfare of happy screaming kids going up and down to various rides and parts of the small, attraction packed art-activity-playground community site.

Stairs_Houston_OangeShow.jpg

Canon 5D 50mm 1.2 L, handheld, stitched in AutoPano Pro​

Yes, the colors are that rich! In fact I decreased the saturation a tad! :)

Asher

Last edited:
An interesting approach, Asher, to stitch two hand-held images in the absence of a wide angle lens!

It looks like a very vivid and evocative place, rich with photographic opportunity. Or maybe it was, back in its prime, with said kids running up and down the stairs...