• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Can 5D be teathered?

John Stitt

Can the 5D be teathered to a computer so that one can set time lapse, or shoot studio shots from the computer screen? Is the software for this in the 5D software package?

Tony Fiorda

John,

Yes, it can, the sw is on the Canon sw disk. I forget what it is called but I know it's there. It may be called Camera Window? They've renamed it since I first started using it with my 10D. I don't use in now, but may in the future.

Tony...

John Stitt

I found it and have experimented with it. Works great, but not with mirror lockup. Takes two signals to expose then. Too bad the mirror cannot be permanently locked up and then the computer just trigger the shutter release. But it does work well and will let me make the time series exposures I am seeking. Thanks