• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mounting and Matting

Harvey Moore

I'm gonna date myself here.

Many years ago I used to use a dry mount press to mount photographs and a matte cutter to prepare images for display.

What is the best way to attach ink jet prints to mounting board ?

Also, any links to reliable on line sources for matte cutters and mounting supplies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

harvey

Harvey Moore

Thanks Daniel. Thats the kind of link I am looking for. Last time I rebuilt my computer I forgot to export favotites and lost them all.

harvey

Don Lashier

David White said:
Light Impressions has a large selection of materials for framing and mounting. I've been pretty happy with my purchases from them.
I've also been happy with Light Impressions other than the fact that they ship foamcore without proper packaging so when the Fedex guy flops it out of the van the corner of the foamcore accordians. When I complained they replaced it but talking to my local framing shop this is normal when shipping foamcore, unlike mat board which is properly boxed with corner protectors. It wouldn't be that big a deal except I'm cutting large pieces and the wrecked corner significantly reduces my usable output.

- DL