• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Blue moon

I've been told this rare event (full moon twice same month) happens quite infrequently (hence the expression), and the next is gonna be only in December 2009.

Until then enjoy this one:

Blue Moon Over SoCal, June 30 2007

168003256-O.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I knew it, Nikolai! Last mnight as I was returning home I saw that full moon and thought, Nikolai will be ready and tomorrow we'll have a great picture. My longest lens is the 70-200 now and even with the x1.4 that's not much. What did you use and dod you set up a tripod.

Anyway, I love it.

Great California moon! It's great to be here!

Asher

Asher,

I knew it, Nikolai! Last mnight as I was returning home I saw that full moon and thought, Nikolai will be ready and tomorrow we'll have a great picture. My longest lens is the 70-200 now and even with the x1.4 that's not much. What did you use and dod you set up a tripod.

Anyway, I love it.

Great California moon! It's great to be here!

Asher

Thank you!
Last night it was very late and I was too tired to give it a proper treatment. I tinted it a bit, please refresh your browser cache.

As to the how-to:
Hardware: Canon 30D + 100-400 (of course:) at 400mm + TCx1.4 (pins taped)
Settings: ISO 200, f/10, 1/200s, handheld.
Software: ACR 4.0 + PS CS3

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nikolai, I thought so, the 100-400! You certainly get a lot of use from that lens! I'm impressed.

Now could you put something in the Lens Forum to explain why one needs to tape the contacts. I'll get one on the Leica lenses too.

Asher

Hi Nikolai, I thought so, the 100-400! You certainly get a lot of use from that lens! I'm impressed.
I certainly use it whenever the situation calls for someting longer than 700-200...

Now could you put something in the Lens Forum to explain why one needs to tape the contacts. I'll get one on the Leica lenses too.
Asher
I'm afraid I'm not qualified to do the exact explanation.
I saw it myself at dpreview...

EDIT: OK, your wish is my command... posting

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Good shot Antonio!

2 intersting things:

1- the difference of axis and position of poles

2- Strange, the moon seems to be much bigger in California… maybe to much junk food ;-)

Nice to see you here again Antonio! with a well filled website!

Antonio Correia

Good shot Antonio!

2 intersting things:

1- the difference of axis and position of poles

2- Strange, the moon seems to be much bigger in California… maybe to much junk food ;-)

Nice to see you here again Antonio! with a well filled website!

LOL LOL. So Nicolas, you have been looking at my website ! LOL
Good. I like that.

Nikolai was using his 100-400 which goes further more than my 70-200 + 1.4 II.
In fact I eat a lot of fish and they eat a lot of burgers...

Lately I have been shooting some kiteboard - he is one of the founders of the Portuguese Kiteboard Association and here are some pictures of mines - for my son (in action) and I wish I could use one of your huge lens. The 500mm for example.

May be, I'll get one rented. Don't know, if I can find one.:)

Cheers.

Antonio Correia

Hi Antonio,

Could I suggest you get your own web site? the smugmug thing runs pretty slow, it took ages for me to find what I think is your best shot - http://antoniocorreia.smugmug.com/gallery/2103885#109555232

(or was Nicolas leading us astray again ;-)

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray. Thank you for this allert.

I am suspecting the problem some time ago, now.

Please, be kind enought, try again and tell me how is it, now.

Before, I had a counter at the bottom which was probably responsable for the long time.

It was erased and I think it is better these days.

I don't know anything of computers and I wish I could see my website to run quickly.

Can you give me your feed back please ?