• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tyler

I took this picture a while ago and stumbled across it today. I'd like to know what you guys think. I was playing around with my dad's camera with my nieces and nephew and happened to get this shot.
Cute_Tyler_B_W.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jessica,

Since I have no idea of the context of the picture, discount my comments to taste! It depends whether or not this is a 3 second grabshot or whether perhaps it's purpose-driven and a portrait needed by a client for example. In any case, the boy is really fine and a great subject. Reminds me of one of my kids!

I think the lad is so confident and has a sense of humor about picture-taking. I felt that more light is needed on his face and that the background is too harsh. Also the face and eyes I sharpenned too, but not the hair as it easily degrades.

Cute_Tyler_B_W_AK.jpg

The light is rather flat on the face. This would be a case for using a reflector, turning him a little more towards a window or else using two light sources, one in front and one to the side. The right arm is already blown out so one has to be careful.

Not that he could be cuter!

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

It was pretty much a grab shot. I was trying to get them to pose him and his sister to pose for me when doing these pictures, but when they pose, they are always WAY too cheesy. I agree that more light needed to be on his face. If I'd thought about it at the time, I would have had him angle himself closer to where the sun was. I think I'll have to borrow him from my sister again and get more shots of him and see if I can get something a little better.

D

Deleted member 55

Hi Jessica, I love Your shot, especially in B&W.

Here are few shots of My Niece(Jessica) and Nephew(Tristen) when I was showing my visiting Sister how the battery powered Norman 400B flash worked.

VX8Y9834PSac.jpg

VX8Y9844PSac.jpg

VX8Y9854PSac.jpg