• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dear All,

My name is Thierry Hagenauer. I am Sinar's Sales Manager for Asia, Pacific and Middle East.

I have decided to join this forum to give advices and information about the Sinar products.

You will therefore "see" me from now on, intervening or posting whenever I feel it necessary, or when specifically asked a question, under my name Thierry Hagenauer - Sinar AG Switzerland, although not officially asked by Sinar AG, but as an individual and with the knowledge and agreement of my management.

I would like also to point out that I do not have any special agenda on this discussion forum but to try to speak honestly about the products I have been and still am using, without deforming or giving wrong information. It is not at all my intention to denigrate or speak bad in any way about other brands represented here.

Also, as a sales manager and responsible for many countries, I am obviously not able to be online 24/24, 7/7, and thus sometimes unable to answer immediately. I am asking here for your patience, sometimes and when you don't get immediate reply to your requests and questions: I shall come back to you eventually.

Since responsible for Asia, I am living in Bangkok, Thailand: be aware of the time difference.

Also, I do not pretend to know it all and therefore would like to seek the understanding and patience of all here if sometimes I need to get the information directly from Sinar or elsewhere: this might take some time.

I hope that I can be of help for some of you here and am in any case at your disposal to try so.

My background:

1976 - 1978: University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg F - DEUG in Geology
1978 - 1980: University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg F - Maîtrise in Chemistry & Biology
1980 - 1990: commercial photographer in Strasbourg, France.
Since June 1990 and until July 2003: LF Workshops and Seminars Responsible at Sinar AG Switzerland, Sales Manager Asia, Pacific and Middle East since 1995.

My details and contacts are following :

SINAR AG
Thierry Hagenauer
Sales Manager Asia - Pacific - Middle East
email: thierry.hagenauer@sinar.ch

All the best to all,
Thierry

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Thierry
I am very proud to be the first to officially welcome you here, onboard OPF!

This privilege is certainly due to the time difference (I am in Bordeaux).

You do work for one of the most prestigious brand in our photography World and we, by advance, are delighted to have you here with us.

Have a nice day

Nicolas

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My friend Nicolas bested me again!

Nicolas,

I hope you get so many new orders and clients from exciting places that you can afford the best Sinar and a backup! You deserve to go first class!

Asher

nicolas claris

My friend Nicolas bested me again!

Nicolas,

I hope you get so many new orders and clients from exciting places that you can afford the best Sinar and a backup! You deserve to go first class!

Asher

Hi Asher

this is one of the privilege to live more at East than you ;-)

Good hope!, you know I am always seaking for better "piqué" and resolution as well, my hope is also that my clients (so prestigious too in their field!), will need soon better IQ…
this is the reason of the thread I did create some time ago here, Sinar may be a solution, AFAIK there are no Sinar yacht and see photographers… I would be more than delighted to test this marvelous jewels in harsh, wet and salted conditions… can you imagine one of "my" beautifull boats shot with a Sinarback eMotion 75 LV mobile back with 33 million pixels?!? a dream… Perhaps the "Sinar m" camera would be the solution, I could keep all my L lenses even my 500mm! but would the Sigma 12-24 good enough for such resolution?
LOL, I would keep also my 1DsII as back-up!
Then what back would fit the best for me?

Thierry, this is not a call, just what you and Asher have drove me to!

nicolas claris

Oups, bad news for me, replying to my own thread:
reading further more about the "Sinar m" camera, it does work with Nikon lenses for 35 mm cameras.

Apparently not Canon's… :-(?) Thierry am I wrong?

Dear Nicolas,

First of all: bonjour et merci pour ta "bienvenue" sur OPF, et amicales salutations d'un compatriote de l'Est (Strasbourg)!

Yes, you are right, the Sinar m accepts Nikon lenses, but not Canon.

Thierry