• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Suburban Virginia

Chris Dubea

Hi All,

First message here.

I'm recently relocated to Suburban VA (Ashburn) from the New Orleans area. My digital experience started about 5 years ago with an Olympus E-10 which I really liked, but eventually migrated to a Nikon D70 which I gave to my daughter last summer, and I currently use a D200.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful experience here,

Chris

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Chris,

Every time a new photographer joins we are happy to welcome them. We really like to see photographers using a wide variety of cameras and technics so we all benefit from shared experience and it's fun. So it's a special value to have another Nikon user! We hope you'll share your pictures. We can discuss the finest details of most any cameras for most any purpose. However, we really love pictures.

We aim to have the finest images. However, everyone is on a journey. Seeing this happen is a great reward. We look forward to seeing your work at this. Don't be intimidated!

We have entry level to advanced; casual (Layback Cafe) and highly technical and even pets.

Jump in! If you post in the wrong area, we'll just transfer it to the appropriate section!

Asher

Chris Dubea

Thanks Asher,

We've had a long day today getting everything moved in, but in a couple of days everything will start to settle down.

New this week is the 1.6TB Enfrant NAS box I bought to store my photo's. My USB storage was just getting too full and I really was distrustful of the safety. I am finding that trying to import new photos into iMatch is proving very slow, so I've still got some effort to spend on my workflow.

Anyway,

I'm looking forward to participating here on the forum.

Cheers,