• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Final Head Shot selects from a Saturday photo shoot

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
VX8Y9215.jpg

VX8Y9218.jpg

VX8Y9280.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member

I love the expression on #4 (the first Cowboy hat photo). It's warm and genuine and shows a lot of sweetness in her personality. These are really nice. Good Job! the only thing I would change in any of them is the writing on the shirt. It pulls your eyes away from her expressions.

Will_Perlis

I like #4 the best too. That one make her appealing, I could see her cast in a Disney movie, or one of those teen series. #6 isn't in the same league with the others, besides the dsitracting shirtthere seems to be lots of glare on skin, and especially on her forehead.

VX8Y9267.jpg

I like this. My experience is that a portrait is more interesting when the sitter is not looking straight on to the camera, but like this one with a bit of a profile.

The other trick that always helps is to use the longest possible lens to get away from the subject and isolate the background and other distracting elements. The expression is also important, so the best is to make the model look the other way, relax and then, after, say, counting to 3, pose. I do this many times to diminish the "posed" look, --unless the model is a pro --.

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Thanks to all for all the good and useful feedback.

We did a presto change-o in PhotoShop and removed the text from the Lt. blue shirt.