• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

anyone here shooting Rollei 6008?

Eric Hiss

Hi,
I'm contemplating a move to medium format and have been thinking about this camera....just wondered if anyone here has any experience with it.

Eric

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Eric,

This is the quiet before the storm. In September the nee Hy6 Sinar and the Leaf siblings will be in the hands of reviewers. Soon there will be a lot of activity. Meanwhile I agree we would like to hear from people.

Asher

Eric Hiss

Well I bought one so in a week or two I'll have something to report

It's going to arrive next week and I have also purchased a p20 back.... stay tuned!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congratulations Eric!

I'm dying to see it! For sure I'll come to S.F. to celebrate the new camera and visit the other guys too! Leonardo, now established in New York, has a Phase One back too. He'll be happy to have a brother in arms, so to speak. (Leornardo, BTW has done a lot of war photography in South America, where you not only need to protect yourself from mosquito, lens fungus and rain but also from real live bullets!)

Asher

Eric Hiss

Sounds great Asher. It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday next week. Right now I'll only have the 80mm 2.8 lens to work with.

Watch for a bunch more of my Leica and Canon stuff to pop up on the For Sale board like Wednesday next week! Seriously I'm going to have to drop a lot of that stuff to cover the cost of Rollei and back.