• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello

I am a married father of three, my family suffering quietly from my photographic affliction, currently living in Montreal, with a move to Europe coming up shortly.
Photographically, I would describe me as a dilettante, I do a little bit of everything, but mostly landscapes and cityscapes - they don't complain. I do not have a website, and I am not sure if I will get one. For me the nicest part of photography lies in the way I look at things when go out with a camera, consciously looking at my surroundings. It sounds a bit pretentious and "zen", but on the other hand I am a complete gearhound, thinking that more and better stuff will make me a better and happier photographer. I quite enjoy trying to make some equipment myself.

I love the work of Depardon, Basilico, Polidori and Höfer for the way they can fill the inanimate scenery of their pictures with emotion.

So please bear with me and the questions I will most certainly have,

Christoph

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am a married father of three, my family suffering quietly from my photographic affliction, currently living in Montreal, with a move to Europe coming up shortly.

Welcome Christophe! We're glad to have you with us. Most of us have put some burden on our families, I even go to the extent of having my wife hold one camera for me! She hates it! She's pretty good now even when I stop impoulsively to photograph some tree, rock or flower. I bought her a canvas chair for when we travel on the N. California coast as we stop a lot!

For me the nicest part of photography lies in the way I look at things when go out with a camera, consciously looking at my surroundings. It sounds a bit pretentious and "zen", but on the other hand I am a complete gearhound, thinking that more and better stuff will make me a better and happier photographer.

It doesn't?? :)

I quite enjoy trying to make some equipment myself.

Well we have intrepid gear geeks who replace timers and shutter in DSLR's and several MF rangefinder builders! I hope you will show what you build!

I love the work of Depardon, Basilico, Polidori and Höfer for the way they can fill the inanimate scenery of their pictures with emotion.

It's helpful to know what you like and then get your own style. I am looking forward to your comments on posted photographs and getting a taste of your own work, modest or spectacular!

Again, welcome to OPF,

Asher