• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

one more JPEG/RAW fast comparison

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I had some days off and played a bit with raw converters and in camera JPEG…

C1 still good guys! even if I await hardky the C1 V4, V 3.7 is really powerfull and even better imo thnat ACR and LR…

Have a look on this holidays snapshot (and yes, the shrimps were imperial!):

_G8A9301-animated.gif

Shot with IDS2 both JPEG and RAW together

C1 still good guys! even if I await hardky the C1 V4, ...

Yes, but Capture One's clam-shell communication policy about the new features is unfortunate, and is driving me to alternatives.

V 3.7 is really powerfull and even better imo thnat ACR and LR…

Well, as an absolute minimum, the lack of CA correction forces me to at least post-process in Photoshop, adding another step to the workflow. Also, ACR 4's non-destructive spot (dust) removal is a real time saver in several types of imaging I do (especially those that involve stacking, or long sequences). I know C1 v4 for Windows is slated for later this year, but I'm getting better with the alternatives as time goes by ...

Bart

Nill Toulme

I just saw a thread somewhere, thought it was on LL, but now I can't find it. It said v4 beta was due out soon, but then somebody else said that would be LE only with Pro not till first quarter 2008, which is consistent with what I remember having seen from Phase One earlier.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net