• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vincent Thomas Bridge

Brian Lowe

Here are some photos I took the other day of the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro, California.

The dramatic green bridge has been designated as the official landmark welcoming visitors to Los Angeles. San Pedro's Golden Gate was the first bridge of its kind to be constructed on pilings. It is designed to withstand winds of 90 miles per hour, double that required by code. The overall length of the bridge is 6,050 feet, with a main suspension span of 1,500 feet and 500-foot spans on either side. The towers are 365 feet high

These photos were post processed in LR I was try some other things in LR. I am not sure what you would call this effect I kinda like it though..

All were shot with 1DMMKIIn with Canon 24-70 f/2.8 or 15mm f/2.8 fisheye lens.

C&C welcomed I would like to know your thoughts......

Enjoy,
Brian

188371239-L-1.jpg

188369732-L-1.jpg

188371603-L-1.jpg

I know it's not the Bridge but I liked this one too...

188372502-L-3.jpg

Other photos from this day can be seen by clicking here==>http://brianlowe.smugmug.com/gallery/3373823/1/188372502

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Brian
I like better the 1st pic, however as C&C are asked, I would have tried to save the sky highlights and PS the roof in the low left corner that distract and doesn't bring anything imHo…
The the bridge would take off by itself, really powerfull, you caught the perspective very well.

my 2 cts of Euro (more value than $!-)

Brian Lowe

Hi Brian
I like better the 1st pic, however as C&C are asked, I would have tried to save the sky highlights and PS the roof in the low left corner that distract and doesn't bring anything imHo…
The the bridge would take off by itself, really powerfull, you caught the perspective very well.

my 2 cts of Euro (more value than $!-)

Hello Nicolas,

I took the roof out and punched up the sky some, thank you for your input.

Better?

Brian

188613749-L.jpg