• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi!

Don Libby

Hi everyone. My name is Don and I’m a photographer. Boy that wasn’t as hard as I first thought. A very good friend and fellow member turned me on to this site just a couple days ago – thank you Ken.

Okay, here’s a little about myself and what I do. I retired from the federal government late 2003 after spending a little over 25 years. I’ve always loved photography and had managed to take a camera with me on a lot of my trips in my “former life”. So, shortly after retiring in 2003 I took up photography full time and was joined by my wife in late 2004 after she too retired from the federal government. Together we travel the Southwest and beyond going to places that have always interested us. We specialize in landscape and nature images operating under the name of Iron Creek Photography. We use Canon gear, currently a 1Ds II and 5D as well as medium format (mostly for landscape) Mamiya 645 ADF II along with a Phase One P30+.

Life has been good to us and we are going to enjoy what there is left of it. We are currently planning a trip to Alaska in 2008 where we’ll visit Fairbanks, Denali, and Homer.

Alright, I haven’t said this much at once since the last time I was in court! Thanks for listening…….

Don

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi everyone. My name is Don and I’m a photographer.

Welcome Don, but here's your wife?

We specialize in landscape and nature images operating under the name of Iron Creek Photography. We use Canon gear, currently a 1Ds II and 5D as well as medium format (mostly for landscape) Mamiya 645 ADF II along with a Phase One P30+.

Coming with a MF digital back is like manna from heaven as we are currently building up our MF capability. We have a number of Phase One, Sinar and other MF back users as well as Better light!

Please go ahead and spoil us with posts of your images (especially with various Mamiya 645 lenses (in the MF forum). Are you satisfied with your camera or are you interested in the latest higher MP offerings or the new Hassy 28mm in its new system.

Life has been good to us and we are going to enjoy what there is left of it. We are currently planning a trip to Alaska in 2008 where we’ll visit Fairbanks, Denali, and Homer.
Who knows, by then maybe some of us might even get to join you or vice vace!

Asher

Don Libby

Hi Asher

I guess I’m the IT guy for Iron Creek :> Can we change the name from Don Libby to Sandy & Don Libby?

I’ve only done MF for a very short while but IMHO is the best way for me to obtain the landscape images that I see. I like doing multiple image panoramas with anywhere from one to multiple rows. I had been using the 1Ds II for this but felt there was a better way thus the MF.

I’ve looked at various portions of this site and will be posting a couple samples very shortly. I hope to have these up within the next couple days. Here’s a teaser, I’ve got a hummingbird shot with the P30+ as well as a close up of a dragonfly with the 1Ds II. Sandy got a shot of the same dragonfly that shows the head in great detail. I have to finish a small project but be patient, I’ll have them up soon.

I thought long and hard over which MF system to go with and for various reasons choose the Mamiya over all others and yes I’m very happy with it.

Don & Sandy

Asher Kelman

Hi Asher

I guess I’m the IT guy for Iron Creek :> Can we change the name from Don Libby to Sandy & Don Libby?

Of course you can have two names, at least in theory, but we'd rather you have two separate registrations since we hope you will be able to show each different pictures and even perhaps argue on line! Since you each photograph, we'd love to have two voices! Both of you are so welcome!

Here’s a teaser, I’ve got a hummingbird shot with the P30+ as well as a close up of a dragonfly with the 1Ds II. Sandy got a shot of the same dragonfly that shows the head in great detail. I have to finish a small project but be patient, I’ll have them up soon.

This is great! I wonder how you got close with a MF camera?

Asher

Don Libby

Sandy is the shy reserved type so I doubt we'll see her on line here - looks like you'll be stuck with me.

Here's my secret of getting close to a hummingbird - are you ready? A very long lens! I shot these with a Mamiya 300 f/2.8. The dragonfly was shot with the 1Ds II and a Canon 400 DO, Sandy was using her 5D and 300 f/2.8 along with an extender.

I'll post them here as this is where we've been discussing them ....

At least I would but it would appear that according to the posting rules at the bottom of this page I'm not allowed to as yet.

Don

Asher Kelman

Don,

AFAIK, you can post anything you wish.

Just insert the url of the image ending in .jpg or .png between

and you images will be on line. You can have 4 images per post. However you can post as many as you need to discuss! If you permit, others might want to experiment with your images, but should ask first!

Asher

Don Libby

Asher, is there a way to post images as a download? The one I'm thinking about are not on my website and would come directly from my hard drive.

Don

Ray West

Hi Don,

Welcome, etc. AFAIK, you can not post direct to the forum. However, it is easy to set up a folder on your web site, and load the images up there, then link to them as Asher described. Said folder need not be in the path viewed by your potential customers.

Best wishes,

Ray