• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

uniquenesses

Donna Hudson

fb8234d7.jpg

351e76f4.jpg

92021a8e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anita Saunders

Hi Automaton,

These all look like interesting characters with lots of life lines & expressions, different angles, and look like they were 'shot' candidly. Great potential for social documentary shots.

On the negative side, the colour seems to have been played with, or accidentally gone wrong. It spoils the reality & naturalness, which is surely what you want to maintain?

I honestly think these pictures would contain more impact just as they were shot - without the colour casts.

Just my initial thoughts. If you can give us some info about what you were trying to achieve I would be happy to consider and respond.

All the best. :)

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

Sometimes color is entirely distracting. So a series of B&W conversion might better bring out the latent essences of the image. To me, at least, B&W is a way of "interviewing" the image.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Real names are required.

Hi automaton2,

Since this message of yours has already been responded to by Chas and others will also (have) read it, I am posting this here instead of sending you a PM.

In keeping with our "Open" philosophy, we do not want our membership to be hiding behind an alias or handle or web name. We believe that we are all mature adults wanting open and honest discussion, and to that end we require that you use your "real" name as your log-on name. As obviously you were unaware of this requirement at the time of your registration two years ago, please send a Private Message (PM) to Nicolas Claris or Asher Kelman with your real name and we'll change it. Thanks and welcome. We appreciate your participation in OPF.

PS: Please be also aware that direct advertising in OPF is not permitted, any promoting announcement will be moderated. Moderate promotional posts in dedicated forums are allowed to regular participating members though.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Donna,

I've sent you a temporary new password. Just in case your email has changed, send it to me at editor.opfATmac.com. Replace AT with @

Note your name is written Donna Hudson.

Thanks for updating your account to your real name. That's so appreciated!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Hi Donna,

Thanks for restarting out afresh. This thread is far shaping natural or strobe light and the results of that work, where the lighting was specially chosen as much as the subject.

You pictures are divers and if we have only related images in one post, one can more easily give useful feedback.

So I'm taking the liberty of creating new threads of moving images to existing threads so each can get it's own attention that's worthwile and fun too!

So you'll see this happen shortly and I'll put the links on this page! Please add details of who, what when and where if you can!

Winged figure is here. :)

The Picture of the double wooden doors with a shadow is moved here. :)

Asher

Last edited: