• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Insects by the Water

Nicole Sanders

9-16-07dragonfly.jpg

9-16-07Bee.jpg

A dragonfly and a Bee I shot while exploring the nature trails at a beautiful park.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicole, we need the lens, location, shutter and f stop info so others can comment.

Having said that the first picture, in my opinion has a large potential for work in your imaging software. I hope this was a RAW file!!! The water pattern and lighting, the rock and of course the insect (which needs bringing out) can be optimized.

As I keep pointing out, the camera just samples the light. It does not make a picture. The RAW file apearance before optimization, puts you at the first rung of the ladder. There is no way the heavens are going to light your dragon fly perfectly everytime and here is no exception.

Do you think you can work on this yourself or would you like help?

Asher

The second image is surprisingly interesting in that it looks like the bee is on the abodmen of a sun bathing individual! So that is another and separate opportunity! :)

Nicole Sanders

hmm... Olympus Stylus 710
AF 3X optical zoom 6.5-19.5mm 1:3.4-5.7
ISO: 64
F-stop: f/5.7 (for dragonfly); f/3.5 (for bee)
Shutter: blank, doesn't say

The only editing I did was cropping and putting the border around it. I do have photoshop but I am new to using it... I'm new to everything! lol. I can play with it and try to get the colors to come out more. I will repost them later after playing with it. haha. The bee is on a rock by the water, but I can totally see how it could look like an abdomen. :)