• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

San Diego for me too...

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I was Nik's second shooter and he was mine! We went to Wedding Photographer Boot Camp put on by Shay Stephens. Shay made the front page of the New York Times on Wednesday because of his photojournalist style. It was one of THE best classes in photography that I have taken. We covered all the business bases, plus photojournalist style, portraits, lighting, web presence and we even had a real wedding or seven. We actually shot our very own wedding - complete with lighting, timing and no help with the setup of imaging at all. All real for everything. The couple who were our bride and groom were just back from their own honeymoon, so we even had real romance. This wasn't my first wedding, but, my style will certainly be different. I love photographing in the journalistic style. With that said, you better have really good skills because you are capturing things to tell a story....here is the one I am telling:

198920889-S.jpg

198920294-S.jpg

198920673-S.jpg

198920875-S.jpg

More at www.chatkat.smugmug.com

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm glad you have had such fun! This was a great experience and now we will benefit by you sharing with us.

198920673-S.jpg

This image is the most striking and beautiful. It shows the beauty, preparation and gift of marriage and love. The curves of the bride is draped in the finest fabric and the easily accessible knot to be noticed and undone to give access to the ready and ripe biological promise inside.

I could mention the left arm and choices in overall composition but you can deal with that.

The subject herself is so compelling that I call it a winner!

A good start!

Asher

BTW Never miss this shot unless you have a young subject wider than your 12mm lens will capture!

I agree, this shot, out of all the others, captivated me. Beautiful.

Asher, what suggestions do you have for composition. I would tend to think a camera tilt to the right to have the bride slightly more diagonal in the frame... is that along the lines of your thoughts?