• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ezekiel 25:17

The path of the righteous man

199408064-O.jpg

Canon 30D + 100/2.8 Macro USM
handheld

Taken in St. Francis chapel, Balboa park, San Diego. CA, US.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nikolai,

I like the black and white tonality and the bold rough hewn stone pillars. I'm perplexed about the title since I don't really see room for a path as the image is too narrow and the path has been cut off. I do not remember the verses from Ezekial as we don't go by chapter and versus, rather by the original text.

As far as composition is concerned the pillars are so powerful that they require to my eye at least a blancing space or structure to the right. Right now there's nothing to balance the image as far as I can tell.

However, if I knew that verse and the context and stories I might immediately understand how it all makes sense.

I can see that this might be a very challenging subject!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

... I'm perplexed about the title since I don't really see room for a path as the image is too narrow and the path has been cut off. ...
This was my initial reaction too. But then again, the path of the righteous man is a very difficult if not impossible one - especially nowadays. So maybe this is the path ahead of Job <wink>...

Thanks for sharing Nik.

Cheers,

Asher,

Hi Nikolai,

I like the black and white tonality and the bold rough hewn stone pillars. I'm perplexed about the title since I don't really see room for a path as the image is too narrow and the path has been cut off. I do not remember the verses from Ezekial as we don't go by chapter and versus, rather by the original text.

As far as composition is concerned the pillars are so powerful that they require to my eye at least a blancing space or structure to the right. Right now there's nothing to balance the image as far as I can tell.

However, if I knew that verse and the context and stories I might immediately understand how it all makes sense.

I can see that this might be a very challenging subject!

Asher

Thank you for your thoughts, always appreciated!

My idea was that it is the path. It has no end. It can be tiresome. You don't know what lies ahead.

As to the verse, here's one version of it (I have no Bible education, I I love Pulp Fiction :-):
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
HTH

Cem,

This was my initial reaction too. But then again, the path of the righteous man is a very difficult if not impossible one - especially nowadays. So maybe this is the path ahead of Job <wink>...

Thanks for sharing Nik.

Cheers,

I think you're on the right path ;-)
Thank you for stopping by!

Update

Well, FWIW, this entry got me 4th place out of about 90 contestants. :)
And since the top 10 advance into the next round, I'm purrty happy for what was almost a snapshot ;-)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you for your thoughts, always appreciated!

My idea was that it is the path. It has no end. It can be tiresome. You don't know what lies ahead.

As to the verse, here's one version of it (I have no Bible education, I I love Pulp Fiction :-):

HTH

Where was that quote from?

Asher