• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

First Post

Allen Maestas

This is my 1st so be nice dammit! :) No sorry, feel free to say anything, I've gained tough skin over the past few years :) Here is one of my most recent images, taken off the Alameda Bridge north of Albuquerque, NM. Hope some enjoy.

Al

199792639-L.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Al,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture, I like it a lot.

The combination of depth/layers in different hues make it very 3D. One also starts wondering what's behind those woods. I want to go accross and over to the mountains as it were.

I almost never criticise the utilized technique/equipment to make the picture unless it is really annoying or simply wrong. In this case, I'll definitely pass <smile>.

Cheers,

Allen Maestas

Hi Al,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture, I like it a lot.

The combination of depth/layers in different hues make it very 3D. One also starts wondering what's behind those woods. I want to go accross and over to the mountains as it were.

I almost never criticise the utilized technique/equipment to make the picture unless it is really annoying or simply wrong. In this case, I'll definitely pass <smile>.

Cheers,

Thank you Cem, yes we are much on the same page. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Allen Maestas

Let me extend my welcome as well, Allen. I find this a very soothing image, and appreciate your posting it.

Thanks so much Don, I'm really happy so far with how nice everyone is, but at the same time extremely knowledgable and forthright. I've read through a few threads, and I must say for as young as this site is it's packed with lots of great ideas and suggestions. I hope to make some new friends here, help others and get some help of my own!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Welcome to OPF

Hi Allen,

Welcome to OPF. Yes, this is a nice photographic home on the web. Lots of knowledge and none of the ego of some other boards - just warm and friendly.

Went to visit your gallery since NM is one of my favorite spots for photography. Beautiful images. I particularly enhoyed your treatment of Chimayo. My Chimayo images were all E-6 so they're not up anywhere. Been to the Santa Fe Workshops (and Corrales too!) out your way and there is so much to point a lens at there. I'll be up again in March for a Wedding workshop I might stay an extra day so that I can visit some places to shoot that aren't wedding locales (thinking of Madrid this visit).

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you and looking forward to getting to know you here.

Allen Maestas

Hi Allen,

Welcome to OPF. Yes, this is a nice photographic home on the web. Lots of knowledge and none of the ego of some other boards - just warm and friendly.

Went to visit your gallery since NM is one of my favorite spots for photography. Beautiful images. I particularly enhoyed your treatment of Chimayo. My Chimayo images were all E-6 so they're not up anywhere. Been to the Santa Fe Workshops (and Corrales too!) out your way and there is so much to point a lens at there. I'll be up again in March for a Wedding workshop I might stay an extra day so that I can visit some places to shoot that aren't wedding locales (thinking of Madrid this visit).

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you and looking forward to getting to know you here.

Thank you Kathy. I'm glad you enjoy NM. Madrid is a nice little town full of photo ops, you should enjoy your visit. If you ever have any questions about an are let me know, I haven't been everywhere, but pretty close :)

Al