• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Pumpkin goes home

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gang,

Well, Carla and I decided that we needed to reduce the capital plus operating costs of our home, so as to have a little more margin in our ongoing financial scenario. And of course there are only the two of us in the house, so do we really need something this size?

Se we decided to leave our home in Dallas and buy a smaller home, newer and more energy efficient, in a lower operating cost area.

So, two out of three ain't bad. We bought a lovely year-old home in Weatherford, Texas (about 20 miles west of the center of Fort Worth, about 64 miles west of our current location in East Dallas), only slightly larger than our present home (not counting the separate workshop building at the new place).

The irony is that, although we will be in the city of Weatherford, we will be only a mile from the little historical crossroads known as Punkin Center, Texas.

So, The Pumpkin goes home.

The next weeks will be extremely busy. In addition to getting ready for the move (and there is so much STUFF here), it turns out that Carla has to have surgery - something preventative to eliminate a possible site at which one of her cancers could re-emerge. It's actually a tonsillectomy, one of the most painful surgeries an adult could have. So she'll have a tough road to hoe on the way to Punkin Center.

I'll keep you up-to-date on how all this goes.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

You guys have a lot to contend with in you pumpkin patch!

We all wish your wife a speedy recovery from surgery. Before she has the surgery, if you wish, PM me so I could provide to you resources to perhaps consider that may not be available where you are. This surgery is what my friend Rodney has had and it's most challenging. In his case it took a team of 11 doctors working 12 1/2 hours. Of course, some surgeries or so simple, it's over and one is done in 2 hrs and each person is different!

In any case, we are rooting for you both. We know you are avery caring person and your dear wife has a stalwart guide, nurturer and watch dog beside her!

Asher

The next weeks will be extremely busy. In addition to getting ready for the move (and there is so much STUFF here), it turns out that Carla has to have surgery - something preventative to eliminate a possible site at which one of her cancers could re-emerge. It's actually a tonsillectomy, one of the most painful surgeries an adult could have. So she'll have a tough road to hoe on the way to Punkin Center.

You've both got some serious challenges ahead. Good luck, and I hope your wife recovers quickly and with the intended result.

Bart

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
The irony is that, although we will be in the city of Weatherford, we will be only a mile from the little historical crossroads known as Punkin Center

Bonsoir Doug,

As you may have noticed, I don't believe in "superior forces" but I do like the idea that the above is a strong sign that all is gonna be alwright.
At least this is my best wish for you and Carla.

Cem_Usakligil

Welcome to your new home!

Hi Doug,

You and Carla are going through a difficult period right now (boy, I'm good at stating the obvious).

Firstly, I wish Carla lots of strenght and a speedy recovery after hopefully what will turn out to be a very successful surgery. Next, I wish you also a lot of strength in these difficult times.

With my best regards,

Cem

janet Smith

pro member
it turns out that Carla has to have surgery - something preventative

Hi Doug

Sorry to hear of your wife's forthcoming surgery, hope it's not as difficult as you fear, and send you both my wishes for good health and strength, remember to look after yourself too while all this is going on Doug.....

Last edited: