• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Catching lobster for Nicolas

Ron Morse

I'm not sure what you expected Nicolas but I took these shots off a cliff with a lobster boat pulling traps below me.

These guys and girls can handle a boat like nothing I have ever seen. They handle the same boat 5-6 days a week year after year.

Just starting to pull a trap. You can see the black line going down to a trap. The line is hooked to a winch.

mg0429ew2.jpg

Trap just coming out of the water.

mg0431mt8.jpg

mg0432bi4.jpg

mg0433xw9.jpg

Ron Morse

mg0434av8.jpg

They throw the old bait overboard. The seagulls hang around to get everyscrap thrown overboard. They will take the trap a little ways away and toss it and the buoy overboard again.

mg0436wy7.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Yes this fishermen/sailors are incredible, they seem to work endlessly!

Nice short reportage Ron, I appreciate your input, but you really need a 500 mm! Can't see the lobster ;-)

Ron Morse

I have one Nicolas. I left it and the 70-200 Is on the kitchen counter when we left. That will teach me to have my stuff in two different places.

My cousin was with me and had a big lense with him. He said they had three to four lobster in every trap.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
So what lens did you use?

Honestly, you better have the lenses with you and the lobsters on the kitchen counter!

Halala ces américains!

Ron Morse

So what lens did you use?

Honestly, you better have the lenses with you and the lobsters on the kitchen counter!

Halala ces américains!

Yes we American do get confused at times.

These were with the super sharp fast focus 85 f/1.8. The biggest lense I had with me. I could kick myself.

My wife brought home two wonderful lobster last night. Steaming hot with melted butter, Oh man I want more.