• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Island Style gravel delivery

Ron Morse

A lot of the islands of the coast of Maine have complete communitys living on them. Everything has to be brought in by boat or plane.

I know these aren't great pictures but some might like to see how its done.

Here is one dump truck coming back after delivering gravel with another one waiting to go out.

mg0451jm7.jpg

mg0455cm9.jpg

Diane Fields

You must be where I was last Sept.
68371175.jpg
Actually this was at Islesford Island (one of the Cranberry Islands I believe--maybe Smaller or Lesser Cranberry??) and yours looks as though it was another island. It was just quite interesting to me to see these big dump trucks trundling across the bay on a barge.

Diane

Ron Morse

Hi Dianne,

Amazing that you got almost the same shot.

Mine were from the mainland at the marina. What a beautiful area. I kick myself for living so close and going their so seldom.