• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Introduction

Walter Ash

Hi everybody,

Somehow I stumbled upon this forum last night. I think I was looking for information on an ancient Turner Reich convertible lens I just bought on ebay and found a thread here through google.

This looks like a promising site; as someone who started getting really serious with digital photography, and then moved on to large format 4x5 and most recently has bought an 8x10 setup (but still uses digital and hybrid film-scanning workflows in addition to darkroom printing and alternative processes), I appreciate this kind of mixed forum with people using different techniques.

I've spent a fair bit of time on another forum with decent representation from both film and digital users. Most of your names are names I don't recognize from other places (though there are probably a few familiar people here somewhere), and as a consequence I expect there might be some different approaches to things which would be interesting.

I will look around some more and I hope to participate in a lot of interesting threads and discussions here.

-Walter

Calgary, AB, Canada

Off to do some shooting while the sun's still up now ;)

Ray West

Hi Walter,

Welcome, in particular thanks for your interesting and useful series of photos and descriptions in the large format threads.

Best wishes,

Ray

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Walter,

Welcome, in particular thanks for your interesting and useful series of photos and descriptions in the large format threads.

Best wishes,

Ray

Welcome Walter!

I agree with Ray, a very informative and interesting contribution you've done already. Thanks. :).

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Walter, this is a great time!

We have started to build our LF and ULF base with talented photographers. I have a Cooke P945 portrait lens for the task and am choosing my new LF camera. Ideally one 8x10 camera with a 4x5 reducing back so I can use my special lens for 8x10 Polaroids, 4x5 film as well as 4x5 Polaroid, film and digital. 4x10 is then easy too!

The 7x17 cameras seem a good size too!

So we look forward to your input as we want to show excellent images and have a garden full of the most beautiful work!

So thanks for joining us!!

Asher

P.S. Can you share your website/gallery if available!