• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A yacht for Nicolas

Ron Morse

The Hinkley yacht company build world class yachts. The price of some of them are in the millions as I understand .

My cousin has been out on some of them. He and his wife own an equestrian center where the the Hinkley owners stable horses.

I love boats and just about drooled looking at this beauty. Sadly the sun was on the wrong side of the boat for a real nice picture. I lightened it as much as I could and not completely ruin it.

They were doing final touchs to imperfections in the gelcoat. A fellow onlooker said that he thought it had twin caterpillar diesel engines. It is jet drive with side thrusters for docking.

Oh and thats not a halo on the bow. Its a piece of highly polished Stainless steel.

For me this is what dreams are made of. Probably just 1 in a million for Nicolas.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I was wrong. It wasn't this one that had the twin diesel engines.

Sorry Ron, yes this one is a twin engine powered, we can see the shaft and the propeller on the starboard side, it must have one on portside…

mg07832ut7_NC.jpg

nicolas claris

Another yacht for Ron

Thanks for your post, to thank you, here is mine for you!

Please note than mine sails! (In the Cannes bay)

_G8A1471.jpg

Ron Morse

Thanks for your post, to thank you, here is mine for you!

Please note than mine sails! (In the Cannes bay)

_G8A1471.jpg

Thank you for the reply Nicolas. Well if it has props its not jet propulsion is it. Some others that I looked at were jet boats. I didn't get very close to this one since they were working on it.

Yes it sails but it only has half sails LOL.

nicolas claris

Thank you for the reply Nicolas. Well if it has props its not jet propulsion is it. Some others that I looked at were jet boats. I didn't get very close to this one since they were working on it.

yes Ron, props is not jet… you're right, but you wrote
It wasn't this one that had the twin diesel engines.
hence my reply…

Yes it sails but it only has half sails LOL.
It's a cutter rig, the big sail in front a is jib called a "genoa", when you use that sail (in light wind) you don't need (it would be counter "productive") the smaller one which is between the genoa and the mast (furled at the moment of the picture). This furled sail is called a "staysail".
You use the "staysail" with a smaller jib oftenly called a "yankee" or the "genoa" uncompletely furled to reduce its area. The combination of the "staysail" and the "yankee" is really powerfull in stronger winds.

For now, the beautiful "Algol" sails with the right sails for the wind that blows at that moment.

"Algol" has been designed by one of the most talented yacht architect "German Frers" pronounce "Herman frers", a very nice Argentinian gentleman.
She will be chartering this winter in the Carribean… Her crew are very nice fellows and the cook! Oh my goodness… 8-0)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Cannes Bay

I just got my tickets to sail in Cannes/Monte Carlo....I will take pictures from my "yacht". 50,000 tons worth...no sails on her - just azipod propulsion system

Ron Morse

I just got my tickets to sail in Cannes/Monte Carlo....I will take pictures from my "yacht". 50,000 tons worth...no sails on her - just azipod propulsion system

Kathy,

I am not familiar with the propulsion system you mention. Can you shed a little information for me?

Ron Morse

yes Ron, props is not jet… you're right, but you wrote hence my reply…

It's a cutter rig, the big sail in front a is jib called a "genoa", when you use that sail (in light wind) you don't need (it would be counter "productive") the smaller one which is between the genoa and the mast (furled at the moment of the picture). This furled sail is called a "staysail".
You use the "staysail" with a smaller jib oftenly called a "yankee" or the "genoa" uncompletely furled to reduce its area. The combination of the "staysail" and the "yankee" is really powerfull in stronger winds.

For now, the beautiful "Algol" sails with the right sails for the wind that blows at that moment.

"Algol" has been designed by one of the most talented yacht architect "German Frers" pronounce "Herman frers", a very nice Argentinian gentleman.
She will be chartering this winter in the Carribean… Her crew are very nice fellows and the cook! Oh my goodness… 8-0)

Thanks for the descriptive explanation Nicolas.

It is a beautiful boat and seems to be making good headway in the picture.