• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ghost ship

Ron Morse

I have never tried any night time shots before so I gave it a try last night. I really enjoyed this although I don't know what I am doing.

When the moon came up last night it was very orange. It became more and more white as it got higher.

Still showing a little orange in this one.

The orange is gone by this one.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nice shots Ron, it's amazing that there are no stars in the sky! Would the noise reduction be reponsible for that?

Ron Morse

Thanks Nicolas.

Their were no stars. It was a little overcast and got more so as the evening went on. It started raining in the night.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

Very lonely scene! Empty sky. Did you also take any horizontal shots too.

Asher

I guess that was taken before Nikolai burnt the moon!

Ron Morse

Ron,

Very lonely scene! Empty sky. Did you also take any horizontal shots too.

Asher

I guess that was taken before Nikolai burnt the moon!

Asher,

Yes I got a few horizontal shots.

I think the reason the sun was orange to start was because of what Nikolai had done to it. It cleared itself up in the clean, but cold, Maine air.

Steve Robinson

The orange color of the moon is caused by dust or especially smoke particles in the atmosphere and the moonlight rays are at a low angle to the earth. During the forest fire season, smoke particles travel many miles to the east by the prevailing winds. It's a great sight to see a blood orange full moon rise.

Ron Morse

The orange color of the moon is caused by dust or especially smoke particles in the atmosphere and the moonlight rays are at a low angle to the earth. During the forest fire season, smoke particles travel many miles to the east by the prevailing winds. It's a great sight to see a blood orange full moon rise.

That is interesting. I believe I have heard that before but had forgotten all about it.