• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

High another aussie

steve atkinson

Ive been rude just watching, and have made a post without introducing myself, I live in South Australia in Adelaide.
I'm not great with words. So rather than talk about what i do I thought Id show you . This web sight is simple but so am I. The KISS principle apples.

www.atkimages.com.au

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Steve,

A great welcome to you!

I can almost hear the Aussie tawng and maybe you'd offer me a beer! I've never visited Australia, although we have quite a fair representation!

I like the go cart pics. Tell us about it, How old are the drivers and what is the league structure, if there is one? Also what about injuries. How fast are they going?

Now what do you use to take the pics?

Cheers,

Asher

steve atkinson

Thanks Steve,

A great welcome to you!

I can almost hear the Aussie tawng and maybe you'd offer me a beer! I've never visited Australia, although we have quite a fair representation!

I like the go cart pics. Tell us about it, How old are the drivers and what is the league structure, if there is one? Also what about injuries. How fast are they going?

Now what do you use to take the pics?

Cheers,

Asher
The drivers are aged from 7 years to 50+ karts are of 13 different classes (Rookies, j junior,j open kt lights kt medium kt heavy kt twin statesman etc).
The competition is well organized and consists of 17 clubs each club running there own race meetings open to all licensed drivers. State championships are held annually and Australian championships by annually.
Injuries are not as common as you may think although they do happen, all meetings are attended by ambulance.
They don't have speedos but i would say the quick ones would reach 40 mph ? on tracks about 450 mt long and usually sideways.
I use a Canon 5D 70 200 2.8 and a sigma 120 300 and a canon 2x converter (not happy with results with converter) Started with 300 d and kit lenses

Barry Johnston

G'Day Steve...

G'Day Steve, and welcome mate !! Great to see another Australian here as well. We will all be looking forward to your input as well. I'm from NE Melbourne, so if you are ever in my neck of the woods, feel free to look me up.... Cheers, Barry.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who'd have thought that the guys they shipped down under would end up as the most artistic folk on the planet outside of Los Angeles!

Seriously, what country produces more interesting new actors and great artistic films? O.K., leave out India, they have so many Bollywood dance and sing movies, it doesn't count!

I better leave it at that!

I know they guys say good day, but I have still to taste the beer!

Asher