• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Diana and Corinne

nyschulte

2 young ladies from last week-end

Diana
_D225059.jpg

Diana in a heavy PS'd version
_D224960_pcl_la.jpg

Corinne
_D224984.jpg

_D225076.jpg

C&C welcome.

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like Diana's and Corinne's first natual shots. The B&W image is a portrait look you do well. What lens and aperute are you using there?

The PS'd picture of Diana is, to me at least, too far corrected, bgut this might be perfect for a clothing catalog is the face is smaller. Still, I am uncomfortable with this and then the transitions to different parts of the face become more challenging.

For example we go from supermooth light skin to hair-covered darker skin at the lower edge of the face that is beyond normal gently shading transitions.

You have, overall, applied the skin look more smoothly here.

I happen to look at the last picture as being better as I see a real woman. Going from here to commerical quality is the tough thing since one doesn't want to lose this genuineness. To make a girl look like something women don''t get to see in the mirror and yet be somehow real is the tough thing to do.

You have obviously the resources in energy and your own talent!

Asher

Last edited:

Clayton Lofgren

My vote would be for the photoshopped version. You have transformed an attractive girl into a stunner. If I wanted to nit pick I would ask for less nostrils, but very nice as is.

nyschulte

Good morning, Asher.

The 3 first pictures were taken with the Nikor 70-200/2.8 AFS VR, the last one with a Tamron 28-75/2.8
All at f/8.0 1/200sec

For Corinne it was her first time in front of a camera. She was so natural, that i did not try anything fancy i just let her be herself. Diana had already some shootings, but was very unhappy with the results. So she would loos up only at the end of our shooting.
As both came together, they switched between each change in lighting. This is not the best situation to build up the proper relation between model and photographer and i do it only for first-timers. Usually they come back then individually.

The last picture was done at the end of the session, she already felt very comfortable at that moment.

Thank your for your comments, Asher.

Nicolas