• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More fall colors

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Ron,

Such images are difficult to present since there's not much contrast. I looked at the file. Within there's great detail in the sky and the reflection in the water to be exploited and enjoyed, if you so choose.

I'd look at a great scale version alone or blended back to this picture or ele start again from RAW and make versions for clouds ans water and slectively add to you main image.

A lot of us like to be able to have a simple workflow. However, pictures such as this may require more investment of time.

I'd also carefully select the dry grass in the foreground and the edge of the water. This would, IMHO, benefit from judicious sharpening and it's own S curve. When its perfect, only add a portion of what yoju think you need!

Now, the picture works as is. I have merely said what I might do, just for discussion purposes, not to diss' your photograph!

Oh, one more thing: I'd look to cutting off the top 60% of the sky! It's revealed, after all in the water!

Thanks for sharing :)

Asher