• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ice Webs

StuartRae

We had a sharp frost last night, and after the freezing fog had cleared the garden was covered with little strings of diamonds. Although it was virtually calm, there was just enough breeze to make focusing difficult. By the time I'd found something to shelter them, the diamonds had melted. :-(

EOS 350D, EF-S f/2.8 60mm Macro.

IMG_1374-01.jpg

IMG_1374-02.jpg

IMG_1375-01.jpg

IMG_1376-01.jpg

Regards,

Stuart

Ray West

Hi Stuart,

I'm in 'blurry mode'. In the last, was it large aperture, at an angle, or edited in post to give the blurred corners - guessing aperture?

Best wishes,

Ray

StuartRae

Hi Ray,

First two taken at f8, but as I said there was a tiny bit of breeze.
Second two at f2.8. Far too large really.
The last one was also at an angle so no chance of getting it all in focus.

I went indoors, had a look at the shots and decided I could do better with a smaller aperture, but by then the frost had melted. Perhaps tomorrow.........

Stuart