• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Last of the fruits!

janet Smith

pro member
IMG_0041clean001.jpg

I'm particularly unsure of this one taken after a hard frost on Wednesday night, my son said "what are taking photographs of stuff like that for?" I told him that I'm fascinated by their transition from beautiful, large crimson flowers, to these gnarled, twisted, parched remnants, is it only me and the birds that find them interesting?
5D 100mm macro lens f2.8 1/80.

IMG_0065ss.jpg

Grasses in early morning light 5D 100mm macro lens f2.8 1/80, I love the play of the light on the delicate fronds, luckily not much wind that morning.

IMG_0012ss-1.jpg

Last of the fruits, 20D 50mm 1.4 f4 1/400

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just before the snow comes, one can see the end of the summers seeds and fruit. Things seem to hang around. Will insects and birds eat the fruit? What will be left of the plants after the frost, how does the ground look like in the early morning when there's dew on everything.

There's such a lot to observe and find beauty in.

I appreciate that you are bringing us these excepts from your garden and nearby as winter comes to make it's final sweep of the landscape.

I hope we can show more of the remnants of summer!