• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gerry Frederick

Hello all
My name is Gerry Frederick. I live in British Columbia Canada. I do not have a web site. I am a full time home renovation contractor. Before I took this on full time I operated a guided fly fishing company here in the Canadian Rockies. Both fields of endevour have required me to take a lot of photographs over the years. I utilize them as selling tools to show people what I can offer and before and after shots of home reno projects. I also write for several local newspapers on both topics and submit photos with most of my columns.
I use small Olympus point and shoot camera aswell as a Canon 20D. I have enjoyed most everything I have read on this site and I keep finding more that interests me. I am always lookint to improve my photos and find easier ways to get good end results. A picture tells a thousand words and a poor photo of a kitchen tells them not to hire me. Other than aork related photography I live in one of the most desirable spots in the world to photgraph and knowing that I pack my cameras with me every where. As the days and months go on I will be happy the share some of them perhaps even a kitchen or bathroom too.
Gerry Frederick
rockymt.angler@shaw.ca

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Gerry

Welcome, I'm sure that you'll find OPF to be both friendly and informative, hope that you enjoy being here. I look forward to seeing some of your images of the Rockies, a place I would love to visit.....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You're so welcome here Gerry!

You must have a huge collection of interesting pictures. Select some of you favorites and share! You have come to the right place!

Asher

Gerry Frederick

Thank you for the warm welcome

What a great welcome. Thank you. After looking through a couple of hours of submissions I agree with you both, I have found the right place. And so have all those pictures that are clogging up my hard drives. I will share several as the days and weeks roll on. Already I have learned more than I ever thought. I will find a few fresh ones and post them later tonight once I figure out how to do that.
Thanks again
Gerry

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Gerry
my turn to welcome you…

To post an image is quite simple:
upload the image to your web server
Then in OPF quick on a "Quick Reply" button
type your text and where you whish to have your image being seen, hit the
insertimage.gif
button just above the message box and paste the URL of your image.

When you are finished, click on "submit" button. Note that this button is sometimes tricky, you may then have to click on "Go Advanced" button and then "submit reply"…

We're awaiting to see your photos!-)

Gerry Frederick

Still learning

Thank you for the advise. I'm not sure how to up load to my web server. Is it just a copy and paste? Let me know how to up load if you will.
Gerry

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
You need to have an FTP client software and loging/password infos to upload your files to your webserver, but if you don't know this, I'm affraid taht you don't have any webserver.

You may find some paying ones (with good bandwitdth and a services) as well as free ones… with less services etc. Just note that YGWYPF… (you get what you pay for)

In France, with any account to an ISP (Internet Service Provider) you have some web space bundled when you register… I don't know for Canada…

Gerry Frederick

Boy what service is right.

Thanks Ray. How did you know that? This is not a photo I took it's a photo of me fishing. It was taken by a good friend last September. We were fishing the White river just over the mountian from Baniff. We took almost 700 photos that day and the next.
Canon 20D
I'll talk more about that weekend and fishing with a camera around your neck later.
Gerry

Last edited:

Ray West

Hi Gerry,

It is surprising what you can find out about folk ;-)

Simply, your email address is x@shaw.cn so I simply googled, found they were an isp, and checked to see if they gave you a few MB to play with. A couple of clicks, I found they gave a free photo site.

The fun now, is for you to get it to go good for you.

So, when you upload an image, can you see it in your browser (if you log off, log on, refresh yur local cache, etc.)? If you can see it, then copy the url from the page (generally shown at the top of the browser, probably begins 'http://....'

and then paste that into a post here. We can have a look then, hopefully see the image, and maybe explain a neater way of showing the images in line. I think they have a built in method, which may work, they do mention it is for photo - sharing, it's not sharing if only you can see them.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray West

Hi Gerry,

I see on your recent post, you had already done that, after I'd had a deeper look.

It links to [..IMG]http://photoshare.shaw.ca/photoshare/view/11284615146/1196224057/56727[/..IMG]

Which does not exist on that server. Is the image still there, or did you remove it? You have to keep the image hosted on _your_ site. OPF does not in itself copy it to here, just the reference to it.

Try again, and leave it there.

Best wishes,

Ray

Ray West

Ok Gerry,

On the page you linked to, (if you are in windows/firefox (maybe similar with others) click on the image and 'copy image location', then paste it in the box which appears when you click the image icon at the top of the opf edit window

preview_img_2371resized1.jpg

Best wishes,

Ray