• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canadian Distress Signal

beer1.jpg

A friend emailed me this image by an unknown photographer. It's fitting because we had a 32cm snowfall over the weekend that matched the record for early December. Sales of snowblowers, shovels, and skis exceeded the seasonal quotas, with the ski hills and cross-country trails opening a week before planned. The schools closed on Monday because the buses couldn't run, so Thunder Bay had an impromptu holiday.

I had a wonderful time making new friends while snowblowing driveways around our neighborhood. Good cheer abounded: snow brings out the best in northerners. The only cloud to mar the day was that we ran out of beer! Hence the message in the image is fitting.

Does anyone else have photos that capture the fun (or sorrow) brought about by snow?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
That's really distress! tell your friends we have a thought for them from Bordeaux (no beer here…-)

LoL thanks for posting!