• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yellowstone Wolf

Steve Robinson

I spent a couple of days between Christmas and New Years in Yellowstone. I got out early to catch a sunrise and came across
this fellow. Pentax K10D, 50-135mm f/2.8, 135mm, 1/250 @ f/3.5, ISO 100.
241528241-O.jpg

Last edited:
Nice capture, Steve; I'm jealous. I spent a fair amount of time in Yellowstone and surrounding areas last June, seeing a bunch of wildlife, but no wolves!

In terms of technicals, to my eye, this image could use a little tweaking in Photoshop (levels and color balance) to really make this image "pop" which I suspect it would do if judiciously edited a bit.

Thanks for posting.

Steve Robinson

I've done some more PP as suggested. I an still learning this 'art.' And Mike, you are correct. I have been corrected here by my daughter as well (Dad, that's a coyote!) Please let me know how I'm doing.
241866399-O.jpg

Definitely moving in the right direction, Steve. The original was definitely in need of some warming up, and your revision helps with that.

I played around with it some, tweaking color balance a tad more than you, and also using curves and levels, along with some Unsharp Mask. What do you think?

Steve%20Robinson%20Coyote.jpg

Last edited: