• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

C1 3 Faster Than C1 4

Phase One just posted the new C1 3.7.8 that works on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and I installed the (DB that is the same as PRO) on my new MacPro 2.8GHZ 4Core and compared it with C1 4.

I noticed that 3.7.8 mounted thumb nails almost instantaneously and C14 made the computer go "mmmm" and then they came up.

Processing times where notably faster on 3.7.8 and probably even half the time as in C1 4.

I wonder if other Leopard/Intel users are experiencing the same and in which case it would not be so good for Phase when a tired old upgrade is more sporty than the new kid in town....

I think that more comprehensive tests have to be performed because I reseted my system and now the processing is way faster -- something like 6 seconds for 63 MB files ! -- on C1 4 and C1 3.7.8 a bit slower.

So, sorry for the false alarm...