• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grebe Dive

Jim Ryder

Hello everyone,
names Jim, 49, live in UK, passionate about wildlide photography, hence my first post being wildlife.
The vision is still not mastered! I feel a nano second quicker reflex needed to show the head also. Enjoy nontheless.

file.php

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jim,

Thanks to John Neville we can see your unusual picture. There is so much to this. From the plain survival standpoint this is an amazing glimpse of the birds imperative to burrow into the water to get it's food. If the bird was a millesecond off, the fish would be able to spawn another day perhaps. Not getting the head, is part of the picture of what is happening.

Besides the birds need to eat and your need to record this beautifully catch the Grebe Dive with it's head visible I think that this photograph is impressive just in its power and shapes. The contrast of opposite surfaces: solid versus liquid versus air; rough textured feathers versus smooth water.

Thanks so much for bringing this picture here! We do love bird pics as well, even the whole bird, but this is something special.

Asher