• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Eager to Learn

Marcus Peddle

Hello,

I have been taking pictures somewhat seriously for about five years. In the last couple of years I have been taking classes and upgrading to equipment that helps me get the images I want. I have memberships at a number of other sites but so often my photos drop off the bottom of the page because people are not willing to make comments. I don't think my photos are that bad; my teacher here in Korea thinks I have potential. The problem is that many people just post their own photos and can't be bothered to take the time to help others. I looked through the forums here before joining and it seems that many people give thoughtful comments. I hope this is generally the case. I will certainly be adding comments on other people's photographs.
Although I am not a professional, I see many professional photographers here and the quality of photographs is high. I sometimes feel like a beginner or a no-talent when looking at some of the fabulous pictures here but, like learning chess, you become good by observing what the masters do.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and I hope that we can help each other in our craft and art.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Marcus, welcome to OPF.

You can be taking pictures for memories, fine art or to earn a living be it crime reporter or fashion Pro. All we ask is that you post in the apropriate sections and share in a courteous way. Of course we want pictures. Sometimes I see posts go unanswered and yes that is sad. However, if the picture does not spark any interest then perhaps that is not a bad idea. One thing you can do is to look at the trials of Mary bull and of Rachel Foster both who expressed little exerience but dedicated with a passion to doing the best. Mary, BTW was 90 years old!

Make sure that you do a search so that you don't miss good discussions on your questions. However, we do have an entry level room too here and that's good for getting started. Humor and relaxation in layback café.

Just choose your pics carefully. If you need help let us know!

Asher

Marcus Peddle

Thank you for replying. After reading your comments, I wonder if I sounded too serious or peevish. That certainly wasn't my intent. Anyway, as I said before, I am looking forward to learning and helping others.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you for replying. After reading your comments, I wonder if I sounded too serious or peevish. That certainly wasn't my intent. Anyway, as I said before, I am looking forward to learning and helping others.

Marcus!

It's me! I am just trying to be good host!

Asher

Marcus Peddle

And a great host you are. :) It's so hard on forums and messaging to be sure about how people will react to what I am writing. Although I am smiling while I write, I think I sometimes give the impression of being too serious. It's something I have to work on.