• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Here's one of our Hawkhead

Rocky Cookus

His name is Agi, short for Águila:

medium.jpg

Marcus Peddle

Beautiful colours and bird. I don't like the glow effect but that's just personal taste, of course.
Stupid question time: Can hawkheads speak? Could you teach it to say 'cheese' when you hold up your camera? :)

Rocky Cookus

Thanks! The halo may come from tonemapping emulation--one of my first attempts at that process. I probably should've done an extraction and got a more suitable background. I was also experimenting with some soft brushes and gradients to transition between different regions in the background.

Agi does talk, and I've taught him a number of things--mostly whistles and parts of songs. He loves pomegranates which you can see on his beak, and often when he eats a favorite food, he will squeal. His native range extends from the Guyanas to Brazil.