• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Hat - C&C Welcomed

Steve Febbraro

hatweb.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Steve,

This is interesting and attractive. There's no doubt that seeing this I'd stop and enjoy the print. She is so cute and the proposition for this picture is original.

After a minute, I'd have a few issues with the execution. I'm not sure of the pertinence of my solutions since the result could very well depart from what you intend.

I say to myself, "Cute friendly young lady with a knit hat." She's engaging, relaxed and kind of inquisitive and the pose shows confidence, trust and comfort. That, I like. It's a happy thing to see.

I find again the crop of her body is too close. With her posed like that, why cut off so much of the well positioned shape. That's a loss. That might, to my view, balance the large round mass of the hat.

The white background seems far too bright, sudden, empty and harsh. Was an original removed? I did some experiments and found that a neutral grey, 99,99,99 in RGB is more fitting and doesn't distract. If however, there was a whole figure, then that white b.g. might be fine, but I'd like the edges to be preserved so the detailed texture of the wool, is revealed, perhaps by backlighting.

Thanks for sharing and challenging us!

Asher

Steve Febbraro

Thank you, Asher. Your comments are always well thought out and helpful.

As to the crop, the outfit she was wearing was not very photogenic, so I had to shoot with what I had. I look forward to doing some waist up and full body shots in the future.

The background was white seamless paper, and I may have lit it a bit too much.

Hi Steve,

This is interesting and attractive. There's no doubt that seeing this I'd stop and enjoy the print. She is so cute and the proposition for this picture is original.

After a minute, I'd have a few issues with the execution. I'm not sure of the pertinence of my solutions since the result could very well depart from what you intend.

I say to myself, "Cute friendly young lady with a knit hat." She's engaging, relaxed and kind of inquisitive and the pose shows confidence, trust and comfort. That, I like. It's a happy thing to see.

I find again the crop of her body is too close. With her posed like that, why cut off so much of the well positioned shape. That's a loss. That might, to my view, balance the large round mass of the hat.

The white background seems far too bright, sudden, empty and harsh. Was an original removed? I did some experiments and found that a neutral grey, 99,99,99 in RGB is more fitting and doesn't distract. If however, there was a whole figure, then that white b.g. might be fine, but I'd like the edges to be preserved so the detailed texture of the wool, is revealed, perhaps by backlighting.

Thanks for sharing and challenging us!

Asher