• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

100 Minolta 2.8 Macro

Clayton Lofgren

After seeing several glowing reviews on this lens, I decided to try it. It is still available from B&H for $500. So far what I have got out of it is a lot of respect for macro photographers. I can see the potential quality is there, but I have a lot of learning to do.
_ICT5552.jpg

_ICT5577.jpg

I do like some of the grabshots I have got from it:
_ICT5646.jpg

_ICT5585.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Clayton,

I like the lens. With Sony having all the technology of Minolta and Konica in their DSLR, these lenses are bargains as may people switched to Nikon/Canon.

For the caterpillar, please add the Genus and species and a few words about where it's found so it becomes searchable. Flowers name to as best as you can.

This way of buying lens is smart!

Asher

Clayton Lofgren

No idea of genus on the caterpillar. Found it in a saladillo tree in southern Venezuela. The flower is known here as cayena, very common.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Clayton, who does the caterpillar think he's fooling carrying those little twigs on it's back?

Asher

Clayton Lofgren

There are some similar ones that are highly toxic. I have seen them further south. This one may be close enough in apearance to discourage predators. The toxic ones are very pretty, but I believe quite scarce.