• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street: You ask permission? Before, in fairness or afterwards for use rights?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Guess what?
my preferred is the Sigma 12-24 @ 12

ISO 800 - ƒ7 - Madrid Summer 2007 - Lonesome cello player

_G8A9647.jpg

Jack_Flesher

I would almost pay it to get a slop-free manual focus ring! (Of course I could do that by moving to the 50 mm f/1.8!)

Or better yet, the 45 TSE -- another of my favorites...

Here is an "action" shot I captured with the 45 TSE on a 5D:

tirejump1.jpg

The full story is I was shooting desert scenics and came upon this old abandoned motel/bar/pool out in the middle of nowhere while scouting for a shot. The light wasn't great yet as the sun was still a bit too high for landscapes, so I was just nosing around looking for a later shot op, carrying only my 5D with 45 TSE mounted. My other gear was several hundred yards away in the car when I turned the corner and stumbled onto these guys. I would have much preferred the 50/1.4 or 85/1.8 on the camera at that moment, but we make do with what we have :) Here is my favorite of that series, also taken with the 45 TSE on the 5D:

skater_shadowBW.jpg

Cheers,

Doug Kerr

A new forum?

Hi, Asher,

That, I can see is a great lens to use as it also has the T/S capability which could be interesting to use as one could be more surreptitious.

An interesting observation.

I smell a new forum in the works. Perhaps "Periscopy".

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Indeed I have Asher, and frequently! Though obviously not a technique very well-suited to street,
Jack,

Why is the T/S not suitable for surreptitious street work. I like the possibility of pointing slightly away from a subject and still capturing them?

Asher

Asher