• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Postcards From The Dark Side

Robert Mielke

I've begun a new adventure. I'm now creating Postcards that capture a snapshot of each of my "Big Adventures". This has helped when I want to share my rides with friends who are not computer/Internet savvy. What do you think?

278964601_TqGxQ-L.jpg

Barry Johnston

The Dark side....

Hi Bob,

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do here.... so if you go on a bike ride, you take pics along the way and put them on a postcard for your friends.... I have been doing a similar thing where I make a post card of one of my outings... Is this similar to what you are talking about ? I made this one of Montsalvat where I visited during the weekend....

original.jpg

Is one of those bikes yours?
Anyway, I think they are a great idea....

Regards,
Barry

Robert Mielke

All I'm trying to show is some of the layering techniques I've learned in Elements that can be used for unique postcards of my travels. I ride a 2005 BMW R1200RT which is parked at the other end of the lot.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert and Barry,

I like the idea of putting together key images which give a remarkable overview of the location and its fascinating contents. I'd consider sending the printed version to each place and see it they'll buy it!

Asher

Robert Mielke

I left actual postcards of the Camp 18 Restaurant with their management. I haven't sold a photograph, by choice, in 20 years. I just enjoy being an amateur.