• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jubilee

Jörgen Nyberg

Had a little musical inspiration, when I was out shooting in a creek, a couple of weeks ago.

Pictures first, White-throated Dipper:

_MG_0313_C1.jpg

Wren (or Winter Wren in NA) a small fellow, 3-4 inches:

_MG_0264_C1.jpg

2 Wrens that were gathering moss for there nest:

_MG_0337_C1.jpg

And the music that they, and the melting snow, inspired me to write: Jubilee (spring is coming)

Enjoy, and be inspired, or just relax to the music :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jörgen,

I love those birds, the little wrens that have survived a 100 million years to become what they are and not need to go to work, have a social security number nor buy a burial plot. They look particularly vulnerable in their natural surroundings. The water, snow and predators do not bother the birds. I guess that's the advantage of having bird brains and probably a lot less insight.

Your photographs are enchanting. The one with the branches and snow would make a very nice print. I wonder whether you can bring out detail in the eye?

I enjoyed your music composition and performance. What synthesizer do you have and what other instruments are you using? I found the first half very well put together and the lyrical melodies work with the background rhythm. I'd need to listen several more times to say what I had issues with the latter part. Perhaps nothing new was happening and since the first part is very fresh and bright, the limited continuation of development might be the issue, at least for me.

Look at Venessa Zarate's poem and listen to her voice and maybe you might have a picture to go with her work too?

Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Asher