• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rose Valley, part I: Randa

Last Saturday I had a little outdoor shoot: 3 models, 2 MUAs, 1 very tall waterfall.

Below is the first part of this trilogy...:)

This is Randa:

283273234_tVuzT-XL.jpg

Scared:

283274771_cfjqa-XL.jpg

Relaxed:

283276299_D56HV-XL.jpg

By the Falls:

283277763_KbB5f-XL.jpg

The rest of Randa: http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/4774462_RPmAj

Makeup: Deborah Lin

...to be continued with two other models...

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Underarm hair

Nik -

not sure where these are going but if they're being used in the USA and probably for anything fashion related, you will need to PS out her underarm hair or not use those shots. For females, while accepted in Europe to have, in the USA, it is not acceptable at all. And in that one you also cut of her elbow.

Nik -

not sure where these are going but if they're being used in the USA and probably for anything fashion related, you will need to PS out her underarm hair or not use those shots. For females, while accepted in Europe to have, in the USA, it is not acceptable at all. And in that one you also cut of her elbow.

Thank you, Kathy!

Cem_Usakligil

Nik -

Hi Nik,

Regarding the pictures, I can see that you have been improving yourself continuously; which is great! I really like your style and there is no doubt about your skills as a photographer. :)

Like Asher, assuming that we've understood him correctly, I like the 5th picture better than the previous four. But it is a matter of personal taste ;-).

I also agree with Kathy fully. Although Europeans "might" be more tolerant, one still does not expect to see a display of underarm hair in such pictures even here in Europe.

Thanks for showing,

Cheers,

Cem

Last edited:
Hi Nik,

Regarding the pictures, I can see that you have been improving yourself continuously; which is great! I really like your style and there is no doubt about your skills as a photographer. :)

Like Asher, assuming that we've understood him correctly, I like the 5th picture better than the previous four. But it is a matter of personal taste ;-).

I also agree with Kathy fully. Although Europeans "might" be more more tolerant, one still does not expect to see a display of underarm hair in such pictures even here in Europe.

Thanks for showing,

Cheers,

Cem

Hi Cem,
thank you for your feedback, appreciate it!
I will try to redo the "offending" area tonight..:)
My only excuse is that this is still fairly early stage of post-treatment, yet I wanted to share something :)
Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maybe we should shoot wide! Is it so bad to complete composition on the screen?

Let's discuss this in a separate thread here .

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Better

That's better...

Nik, I have been studying the looks of current fashion photography and style. A huge trend in wedding photography is fashion related. I have always been very interested in fashion, having grown up in LA with my family being in the wholesale clothing business.

Anyway, what is very out of fashion right now is selective coloring. When I studied with Douglas Kirkland last year, one of the things I learned was NEVER cut off a limb. Asher's commentary is right - shoot a bit wider. It will be mroe complimentary to Randa