• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Morning all!

Jeff Slaughter

How y'all doing?

I'm Jeff from the North East of England.
I just got my first DSLR over the weekend (Fuji s5500) It may not be an amazing camera in some peoples eyes but it certainly suits me for now ;)

Not only is this my first DSLR, but I'm pretty much just getting started in the land of photography so not only learning how to use my camera but learning what makes a good shot at the same time!

I'm hoping that everyone here will be able to help me out and point me in the right direction at times :D

Jeff

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Jeff!

We're so happy to have you with us. We have a broad spread of expert and enthusiast photographers who want to help each other and you enjoy inspiring, explaining, sharing and having fun in every aspect of image making and what you want out of it. Newcastle has a reputation for coal and industry. I imagine there are old buildings that would be great to photograph.

Again welcome!

Asher

Jeff Slaughter

Newcastle does have a reputation for coal and industry.
I'm about 15(ish) miles outside Newcastle.
I live just on the outskirts of a small town called Ashington.
At one point it was the biggest mining village IN THE WORLD!!!!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jeff,

How y'all doing?

I'm Jeff from the North East of England.
I just got my first DSLR over the weekend (Fuji s5500) It may not be an amazing camera in some peoples eyes but it certainly suits me for now ;)

A nice camera but not an SLR (or dSLR).

I had an S602 - it was a great machine.

Looking forward to working with you.